Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Picture




Hi everyone! It's been a while I didn't wrote anything here... It has been a very busy weeks, due to university exams. Some times life goes on realy slow and quiet, and some other times, like this last weeks, it goes fast and seems to run and run without stopping, like an endless caravan... Well, anyway, apropos of caravans, this time I want to talk you about a beauty picture, part of a serie called “Caravana Gitana” (“Gypsy Caravan”). The name of the picture is “Rumbo a Santa Maria del Mar”, and is taken by the french photographer Jacques Leonard, in the year 1963.
I really love this picture, as many other of this photographer, but I specially feel attracted for this one since the first time I saw it. The photo shows a group of gypsy people, laughing, sharing and doing “palmas” (clapping), and in the center of the picture there's a little girl who is dancing. What I like from this photo is principaly the athmosphere that we can perceive in the moment when it was taken. I also like the expression of the girl, a mixture between joy and serenity, and I love to look at all the persons inside of the picture, I can spend a lot of time watching their faces and their clothes, and imagining their history.
Jacques Leonard, aslo known as El Payo Chac, was a french photographer, who fall in love with a gypsy girl and left his place to live with her and her people, in a nomad way of life, as usual between gypsys. This allowed him to make a visual record of this people and their customs, something that has not has until that moment, and that allows us to know about that culture, today in process of extinction due to global capitalism.


No comments:

Post a Comment